Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Acting out


Just got home from an introductory meeting at the local drama society, which I went to on a whim after hearing a friend was heading over after meeting me today. I’m having trouble deciding if I should go back or join properly. 

On the one hand the people were all really friendly and I’ve loved drama and acting since I was a little girl; I only gave up my dream of being a professional actress just over 2 years ago when I realised how hard it would be to get into acting as a career and dropped my Drama and Theatre Studies a-level for a more practical English Literature and Language course (which incidentally led me to my current Linguistics degree, so it’s not all sadness and gloom).
On the other hand, it could potentially be quite time consuming and gaining a First Class degree in order to help secure a place on a good neurolinguistics master’s programme will be my main focus for the next 2 years.

The play they’re currently producing is apparently much smaller and more sedate than their usual fare, so I figure I should wait and see how things are in the full swing of the season before making a firm decision, though I would so love to get involved in acting again if I have the chance.

If all goes well I may be encouraging those of you around London to come see me perform at some point. :P Watch this space.

Birdie out -

No comments:

Post a Comment