Pages

Thursday 10 May 2012

Dictionary Bookmark


Today, whilst splurging a veritable fortune on books in my local Waterstones, I happened across what is potentially the most awesome thing I have ever found in a bookshop; dictionary bookmarks. They’re the same size as a regular bookmark with an elongated keyboard and control pad composing the main body and a small screen at the very top which peeks over the pages when the book is closed. 

I almost had a nerd-fit when I saw them.

The essential premise is that whenever you come across a word you don’t know or understand whilst reading you can simply type it into the bookmark and it will give you the definition. I can’t even describe in words how amazingly useful and convenient that would be. Sadly, such awesomeness comes with a price-tag of £19.99 which, while certainly reasonable, I struggled to accept spending 20 quid on a bookmark when I had already spent over £100 today. 
I’ll most likely be going back to purchase one and stare in awe at it when I’ve had a chance to build up my bank account a bit, but for now I shall just have to lust after it from afar.

Birdie out -

1 comment:

  1. I had a nerd out two. But you crushed my dreams when you wrote the price tag. Another thing to put on my list of things to buy when i'm a gazillionaire

    ReplyDelete