Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

The Amazing Spiderman Trailer


So I’ve just watched the 3rd and apparently final trailer for The Amazing Spiderman which is due to come out in cinemas in July. Honestly, the trailer I saw in the cinema a couple of days ago didn’t really make me that bothered about seeing it but this one has definitely got me more excited. For one I’ve been wanting to see The Lizard brought to life since the previous series of Spiderman movies began and from the looks of the trailer I don’t expect to be disappointed.  For another the script writers appear to have included more of the cheeky sarcastic humour that I love from Spiderman in the comics, and which I found sadly missing from the older movie series as well as a providing a more interesting and complex back story than seen in the previous 3 films.

On a somewhat more speculative note, starting off a new Spiderman series that entirely ignores the existence of the previous films has got me wondering about where they’re going with this. Having seen the Avenger Assemble movie twice now, my friends and I have been discussing possible additions to the team for the potential sequel implied by the stinger. One of the thoughts that came up was that they would need at least one more flyer or someone with a similar ability that wouldn’t leave everyone helpless to the effects and limitations of gravity; Spidey would fit that part perfectly. After all he was a part of the Avengers in the comic books and Marvel did a similar remaking of The Hulk when the first Avengers movie was being conceived and set up.
Now, I may be completely wrong, but I will absolutely be staying post credits to check for stingers when this film hits theatres and I’ve got everything crossed that I’m right because this wittier, less awkward Spiderman would mesh perfectly with the current Avengers line-up.

Birdie out.
P.S. Happy Star Wars day; may the fourth be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment